[Rumba] Christmas Mix (.it)

Started by LPChip, December 21, 2006, 18:53:54

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

As somekind of Christmas present, I'm releasing a christmas song, but this time not a fancy mastered .ogg, but actually an .IT song, so you can examin it yourself.

Its a remix of 2 christmas songs put together. Total duration: 2:30 in the style Rumba.

The filesize is 250 kb and zipped to about 203 kb. The original song is 11 MB, so those that say that they used HQ samples and its too big... well, you can make the song low quality and still have a good impact. If people want, I can render an .ogg version so you can hear the high quality version too. :)

Well its not entirelly fair to say this... After a song-cleanup, half the string samples were removed, and that lead me to a 6 mb song :P Then I made all samples mono, 8 bit, and where possible downsampled them to get this result. I even trimmed a few samples a little to make them sound better :)

Download Christmas Mix 203 kb

Best played in:
  • MODPlug Tracker
    Will give you the best sound quality and adds reverb to the sound.
  • XMPlay
    Will add reverb to the sound.
  • Any other player that plays modules, including MODPlug Player and Winamp etc...
    Will still play the song good, but without reverb. If you can choose one of the above, then its adviced.
Merry Christmas! :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

You really get me into the mood..

LPChip

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"You really get me into the mood..

:) yay :)

Am curious though... What do you think about this song, and how I did a rumba style for a change? :P
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

I don't know much about styles like a rumba, but it has a pleasant flow.
Maybe a pity that you start introducing percussion variations only in the second part, where the well-know melodies start.
So, as far as I'm concerned, the first part may be twice as long.

apple-joe

After hearing the first two chords I immediately thought "Mixolydian". Well, at least it's some kind of major. Let me listen on...

Nice melodies towards the end. And yeah, the percussion works very well. All in all a track very easy on the ear.