[Electronica] Lonely Highway (mp3)

Started by tvdude, December 21, 2006, 13:23:08

Previous topic - Next topic

tvdude

Hello Everyone and Merry Christmas (if you celebrate that holiday).  Here is one of my favorite tunes that I wrote, "Lonely Highway".  It is on my album, "Caught in the Machine".  It is not trance or dance which some of you may know is what my music tends to be.  This is more mellow, chillout music.  It is long, 9 minutes, 7 seconds, so keep that in mind if you choose to listen to it.  I hope you enjoy it, and, as always, feed back is most definitely welcome.  Please note:  There seems to be a lot of "pumping and breathing" from a compressor in the song.  It does not sound that way on the album, so I am assuming the streamer I am using has some sort of compressor.  I apologize for the discrepancy between the cd and the online track.  Here is the link:

http://www.7161.com/users/streamer.cfm?filename_audio=DT_ACF1DAE425052.mp3&dt_track_id=12924
tvdude
"If you look ten feet into a five foot well, you will see what you choose to see."

Sam_Zen

A scene and atmosphere. Not so mellow, considering 'rescue me'..
It reminds me of a moment, standing for a hitchhike in Spain in the middle of a huge desert-plain..

I'm not a streamer, so I don't know about the "breathing" from a compressor, I just derivate the right URL from the m3u-file and download it. I noticed a constant low hiss in the song though. This could be removed.

tvdude

Thanks for the reply Sam.  That hiss in the background was something I actually added, just to add a little more mood to the song.  It is from a tape delay effect which allows you to add tape noise if you want it.  I listened to your cleaned version, I'm not sure if I like it without the noise or not.  I'm undecided at this moment, although, it is already released on the album with the noise, so the point is probably mute.
tvdude
"If you look ten feet into a five foot well, you will see what you choose to see."

Sam_Zen

Ah, the hiss was on purpose. That's another story. Then it's part of the composition.