[Relax/Synth] Chill (.ogg)

Started by LPChip, December 11, 2006, 17:37:17

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Oh yeah,

Another fine release by me. It is hard for me though to classify this song's style... Thats why I made my own style. If anyone can classify this properly, please tell me all about it. This style probably is closest to chill-out and lounge, but also has synth, chip, rock, jazz and fantasy in it... Uh-huh, thats alot.

You can also expect alot of clarity in this song, as its my best attempt to mix/master a song thus far!!!

Curious? Good, go ahead and download this gem!

Download Chill
Length: 5:15
Filesize: 4.1 mb

Oh, and in case you didn't know, I really like to get some feedback on it too :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

Clarity there is. Nice production. Maybe the snare a bit too prominent to my taste.

I think the problem to define a style here is the fact, that it's a song in another way. It's creating an atmosphere, there are some melodic elements, as a solo, coming along, but not so much as a repeated songline. It could have been made longer or shorter without loosing much of its impact.

LPChip

I'd like to brag a bit (hoping it will pursuay more people in downloading this gem)... :P

I also posted this song at ctgmusic.com, and I've received 2 reviews already.

One giving it a score of 9/10, and one giving it a 10/10. :)

You can view the reviews here: http://www.ctgmusic.com/url_redirect.php?id=2156
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

apple-joe

Downloaded it a few days ago LPChip. Gonna listen soon - comments will follow.

LPChip

Quote from: "apple-joe"Downloaded it a few days ago LPChip. Gonna listen soon - comments will follow.

Cool. :) Can't wait. :)

apple-joe

Okay, listening now. Mystical intro. Nice sound as the song really starts. Personally maybe I'd prefer even a little more of reverb on the chords. Then maybe lower the volume of the lead slightly, at least for some parts, but that's me.

Mind you I listen with headphones, maybe I'd react differently hearing it through speakers.

Composing wise however, I like this very much. What did you say, some rock, jazz fusion something? That's how you tried to describe it? I think I had a similar association myself. Spiritful leads some places, but in general very good.

rncekel

Nice work and a great sound. I like very much the first part, and somewhat less the second, in major (from around 3:00). I think it would be better if the minor mode returns at the end. But, as it is now, it's quite good.
By the way, would you mind tell us what samples/vst/software have you used? Of course, if it's not too indiscret to ask...

LPChip

Quote from: "rncekel"Nice work and a great sound. I like very much the first part, and somewhat less the second, in major (from around 3:00). I think it would be better if the minor mode returns at the end. But, as it is now, it's quite good.
By the way, would you mind tell us what samples/vst/software have you used? Of course, if it's not too indiscret to ask...

Thanks for your feedback :)

The only VSTi I've used in all sounds is my own FMBox2. A simple VSTi created with SynthEdit to emulate the C64 SID chip. :) Except that this plugin has much more quality than the SID had :)

The samples used are basically only drumsamples. As for VST's, I used Xlutop Chainer, Electri-Q, Buzzcomp compressor, MDA delay and Ambience 2003-xx-xx (a date) which is a reverb plugin.

Asharin

Nice stuff I enjoyed it immensely.
I am Dyslexic of Borg, resemblance is fertile, your ass will be laminated.