Am I the only one drooling over this keyboard?

Started by Violette, December 05, 2006, 21:28:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Snu

Quote from: "Violette"http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/zoom/prodikeys.jpg

Velocity-sensitive, too!

from http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/avcards/7db4/

whoa... thats hot! not too expensive either (as i was afraid would be the case with such an unusual thing)...
lack of linux drivers is a killer tho :\

LPChip

Creative has 4 of these too :) It looks like this one has a sliding keys section... but I can be wrong ofcource :P
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "LPChip"Creative has 4 of these too :)
Well, this is a Creative Prodikeys thing, so... Don't think it slides tho, it seems there's just a lid.

LPChip

You're right. But I didn't find any mention about creative, so I wasn't sure... :P
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

speed-goddamn-focus

the lid will no doubt protect the keys from Violette's drool tho ;)

anboi

if i could play anything other than qwerty then this would be kinda cool.

Sam_Zen

seventhson

Seems pretty useless to me lol
I imagine you'd keep pressing the keys with your elbows and hearing sounds when you just want to type something on your keyboard,that's gotta be annoying at least.And it doesn't seem to have any sliders or knobs so i guess assigning any vst parameters to those isn't an option.

Sam_Zen

Sliders and knobs, a strong one..
I can think of many extensions of the keyboard that would be a priority to me.
This input device doesn't have any inputs of its own. I have always wondered why, from the beginning, people didn't try to make a connection between the mouse and the keyboard, instead of the mouse to the motherboard.
Speaking about connections : A PC keyboard should have a 5-pole din-connector to the outside, like a 'midi thru'.
At least you have 5 volt at your disposal from the PC powerunit to feed some external device.
Other extensions I would like : A simple infra-red device in the KB, to be able to trigger e.g. the 'Enter'-key with any button of my tv-remote-control.

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "seventhson"Seems pretty useless to me lol
It's a space saver and pretty cheap, so I don't think it's useless... And you can always put your elbows on the lid.

Asharin

I'd buy it if I could spare the cash right now. Sadly the new baby is eating up my spare money :D
I am Dyslexic of Borg, resemblance is fertile, your ass will be laminated.

Really Weird Person

That is quite an unusual keyboard Violette's got there, but that is not quite as unusual as this one. It even has a mouse to boot (not sandal (That is a joke.))

http://www.grandtec.com/vik.htm

http://www.grandtec.com/vim.html

Happy new year everybody!

SoundCrafter

Personally, I'd like to see the keyboard violette's got listed hacked for gaming. Imagine playing some Counterstrike:

"BOOM, C#-SHOT, BITCH!"

:lol:
---Formerly known as ---DjBj---. changed names for lots of reasons.
BooT-SectoR-ViruZ is the new Skaven and the whole world'z goin' to Hell.
Lowpass filter! Perform a generic type of dodge!!! :lol:
Everyone should get on this forum's chatroom RIGHT NOW...still not sure why, though.

LPChip

Quote from: "SoundCrafter"Personally, I'd like to see the keyboard violette's got listed hacked for gaming. Imagine playing some Counterstrike:

"BOOM, C#-SHOT, BITCH!"

:lol:

ROFL, that'd be hilarious!!! :D

They'd probably call you a cheater afterwards though... :nuts:

Huh, how the hell did you been able to kill me? No way thats possible...

you: Oh, easy... I pressed C# and F at the same time... :nuts: