[pop..?] Midnightdance (it)

Started by CrazyAznGamer, November 24, 2006, 17:34:04

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyAznGamer

Click here for muzik

Long time no see, internet, and MP forums. Well, long for the internet, anyways.

:? I'm also running low on samples. :P
Props to samzen for putting up his. I used a bunch of them in another song, but I'm fairly lazy, so I'll upload it later. :wink:

Sam_Zen

Nice to be mentioned in this song. I like the middle part of the piece, it has a strong jazzy feeling.
Samples ? Well, I've got more in the collection, so I'll see what I can do.
I'm curious. Which kind of sample did you use ? The straight single-tone one-instrument samps or otherwise ?

CrazyAznGamer

Mostly those single-note single-instrument samples and drum samples. It's a personal thing for me, as I like having more control over the composition of the song. Multiple-instrument single-note gets iffy with me, but when you have chords and arpeggios, I just guess I can't stand it unless I sampled it myself. Same with drum loops.
Yah, I agree with the jazzy part. I really love jazz, but actually achieving a jazzy sound is pretty hard for me, as I didn't discover jazz until fairly late, when I already had a classical repetoire.

Sam_Zen

You're right. Multiple-sound samples are often very specific, and bound to a certain song. So less useful for other works.
You encouraged me to update my sample page with 4 new sets, mostly 'extra' sounds plus some choirs.
If you love jazz, it's enough. It will influence your work anyway. No need for trying to achieve a 'jazzy sound'. Because it doesn't exist, and you'll probably end up with some boring stereotype.