Reminder - Free Song Hosting at MODPlug Central

Started by MisterX, October 22, 2006, 20:35:49

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterX

Just a reminder that the MODPlug Central Downloads area accepts uploads - you can upload your file to MPC for free hosting and song exposure.  

This forum provides an excellent means of obtaining feedback for your song, while the downloads area provides exposure to a wide variety of listeners.

I would suggest uploading the file to the downloads area, and then posting an announcement in this forum.

http://download.modplug.com/

Thanks to everyone who continues to make MPC one of the best Free Music Resources on the web!
-Mister X aka Kim-
StudioKraft
===========================
I am happy to be born when I was - at least I caught the tail end of freedom.

Sam_Zen

Thanks for adding the OGG-format there.
As a test I uploaded an OGG-file, but after finishing I got an errormessage about some version-data missing.
So it's a bit unclear whether things are optional or not in the form.
And I didn' understand most of the licence-options. Samples ? Attribution ?

MisterX

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"As a test I uploaded an OGG-file, but after finishing I got an errormessage about some version-data missing.
So it's a bit unclear whether things are optional or not in the form.

I'll try to remove the version-number-required part of that code.

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"
And I didn' understand most of the licence-options. Samples ? Attribution ?

The licenses are mostly from CreativeCommons.org, and you can get the descriptions of them from the site itself.  I figured if you know CC.org licensing and wanted to use them, they are there to use.
-Mister X aka Kim-
StudioKraft

Sam_Zen

I will check this at CC.

Meanwhile during this first test, I'm pretty sure the upload of the file to the MPC server succeeded anyway.
So my file will be somewhere already, although not in the list on the page.

Relabsoluness

So if I upload a file, will I be able to remove it if I wish later on?

Sam_Zen

MisterX

Quote from: "Relabsoluness"So if I upload a file, will I be able to remove it if I wish later on?

At this time, you cannot automatically remove a file, but the file can be removed by contacting me either via e-mail or PM.  I know it is not a perfect system, and I am planning on improving it when I have a chance.

For the time being, I wanted to provide a way to host songs and to make the older songs that I still had available.
-Mister X aka Kim-
StudioKraft

Sam_Zen

I wanted to add a file to the MOD format section, but it went wrong.
I got the message :
Invalid file type.
'zip', 'rar', 'ace', 'tar', 'gzip', 'gif', 'GIF', 'png', 'bmp', 'jpg', 'JPG', 'xm', 'XM', 'it', 'IT', 'mp3', 'MP3', 'ogg', 'OGG'

Apart from this, it was a hell to fill in the form, because it's not clear at all which fields has to be filled in or not.
It took me six sessions filling in things, to get to the point where the actual upload format was refused.

Harbinger

I've been given admin rights to the upload section at ModPlug's UL/DL site, so i will make it a habit of checking these whenever i'm online (unfortunately that's only 2-3 days a week! :? ) MisterX is also very busy so he's not in the habit of checking for upload approvals. Drop him a reminder PM if you don't see your upload after a day or two.

You can also upload tuning files (.tun) to this site -- just file them under the MISC category.

jimm1909

Quote from: HarbingerI've been given admin rights to the upload section at ModPlug's UL/DL site, so i will make it a habit of checking these whenever i'm online (unfortunately that's only 2-3 days a week! :? ) MisterX is also very busy so he's not in the habit of checking for upload approvals. Drop him a reminder PM if you don't see your upload after a day or two.

You can also upload tuning files (.tun) to this site -- just file them under the MISC category.

I haven't seen my upload for a while. Will it be approved?

Thanks in advance,

-Jim

Rakib

Its down now and has been for a very long time now. But one of our nice users "uncloned" have lets ut use his website to upload songs. You can visit his site here:
http://www.notonlymusic.com/board/

http://lpchip.com/modplug/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3549
^^

Saga Musix

Do note that ModPlug Download Central will come back, but all I've gotten is a backup from the 2000-2001 era, I don't have the newer files.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

uncloned

neither do I....

My guess is that the server crash took them in the event.

Saga Musix

Quote from: uncloned on October 26, 2010, 10:58:23
MisterX told me that he might have a few more backups, but so far I haven't got a response from him yet.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Quote from: Jojo on October 26, 2010, 11:13:52
Quote from: uncloned on October 26, 2010, 10:58:23
MisterX told me that he might have a few more backups, but so far I haven't got a response from him yet.

I've asked him a few times over the past years, and each time, I got the same backup of 2001. When did he told you he has them?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs