[Analog] Moonboat (OGG)

Started by Sam_Zen, October 21, 2006, 01:06:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

In the flow, another analog one. This time I call this a rhythmless piece. Not making a song but a structure.
Moonboat. 4:28 (excerpt).
Rhythmless, because every element has its own kind of repetition in this.

apple-joe

Great. I thought: "I wonder how the pattern data of this one looks like" - but this is not a track based on pattern data if I understood your description correctly.

No rhythm, you say? I am almost able to hear a rhythm like pattern which is slightly reminiscent of a motor bike starting. The reverb feel to many of the sounds provides for a nice atmosphere. Combined with those desperate sounding pitch-increasing sounds this becomes a nice experience.

Sam_Zen

Quotethis is not a track based on pattern data if I understood your description correctly
Right. Analog synth plus tape recorder.
But if I think about it, this construction could be translated to a tracker module also.
Because all sounds have some repetitive character, although each with their own pause duration with silence.

The idea behind this was, (that's why the title) to create an environment on a far away planet, sitting in a boat,
on a river, with a jungle around. But every element sounds quite different, the water, the crocodiles, the birds, etc.