The website quoted with the program doesn't exist

Started by Reenen, November 23, 2006, 13:07:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Reenen

From the download (quickstart), in the "samples" directory:

Samples will go into this directory.

For websites to get great samples, visit:

http://www.modplug.com/mods/samples.php3

That website doesn't exist anymore... Where can I get some nice samples?

I just have the GM.DLS (a great start, enough for most of my needs), but I just thought I'd give this site a try, and well, no site. :-(

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "Reenen"Where can I get some nice samples?
Maybe Sample sites-thread can help. Or just take part in Soundevotion-compo, which have had outstanding samplepacks(at least in my opinion) :)

Sam_Zen

This is another report where an old link from the MPT116 setup is dead. A recent one was reported in the "MPP Mysterious Button" topic.
Maybe it is necessary to check the whole OMPT on heritances like this which aren't valid any more.

I've got a small collection of samples available here

Reenen

Thanks!  I am downloading them all now, anand I am sure they'll all be great! :-)

Now another question... where can I get non-music samples... stuff like "monster" sounds.  Or water dripping... you know... typical horror/thriller sounds. :-)

Sam_Zen

So now you want more.. The odd ones. I would say : first : get a microphone and get your own samples. Take in mind that a recording of a sound only is the basic material. If you record a tick of a pencil on the microphone, you can lower the sample so it will sound like a hit on a big drum.

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

MisterX

-Mister X aka Kim-
StudioKraft
===========================
I am happy to be born when I was - at least I caught the tail end of freedom.

Sam_Zen

I've added some relevant samplesets on my page mentioned above. Check the LEDs.