[jazz/classic] still no ringtone (it)

Started by cubaxd, October 12, 2006, 23:02:10

Previous topic - Next topic

cubaxd

Hi@all

This is the second part of 'no ringtone'. It consists of a jazz part, a classic part and something that sounds like instrumental.
The jazz part is partially foozled. I made a nice chord (at least i think so :>), but was unable to make a fitting melody, thus, it sounds very trashy (especially at the end of the part) and i gave it up to make a complete song of it.

i hope somebody will like it :)

name: http://axd.10e.net/mods/no_ringtone2.it.zip
size: 235 k
duration: 7:28

Sam_Zen

QuoteI made a nice chord (at least i think so :>), but was unable to make a fitting melody
In jazz the melodic line doesn't always have to played by some instrument tonally higher than the accompaniment.
In this case you could add the same piano in a very low octave to play some melody in the bass-department.
Not much of melodic/solo elements in part 2 or 3 either I must say. Not that I have a problem with it, btw.

cubaxd

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"you could add the same piano in a very low octave to play some melody in the bass-department.
could be worth a try. but there is a large range of notes already "reserved" for the chords. In this case i have to take care, that a note is not stricken twice:)

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Not much of melodic/solo elements in part 2 or 3 either I must say. Not that I have a problem with it, btw.
your criticism is always welcome :)  i also think there are to few changes.  :?