.45 problems with volume envelopes

Started by anboi, September 28, 2006, 01:10:50

Previous topic - Next topic

anboi

making a perfectly normal ramp down in volume on a bassdrum in the last few versions that i've looked at (.39 -> .45 and quite possibly previously) gives a weird gritty noise when previewing in the instrument tab and a nasty click on finish when using that instrument in a song.  it's most noticeable on long 808/909 style bassdrums. it seems to be fine for other types of sound for some reason, trying a snare produces the desired volume roll off with no artifacts or problems, i think some other parts of tunes i've done have noticeable clicks that may be related but will have to track those down further.
i have a tiny example file handy here and can email if necessary.

LPChip

As you describe it, its something that will be hard to recreate, so your example song will come in handy :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

seventhson

Quote from: "anboi"making a perfectly normal ramp down in volume on a bassdrum in the last few versions that i've looked at (.39 -> .45 and quite possibly previously) gives a weird gritty noise when previewing in the instrument tab and a nasty click on finish when using that instrument in a song.  it's most noticeable on long 808/909 style bassdrums. it seems to be fine for other types of sound for some reason, trying a snare produces the desired volume roll off with no artifacts or problems, i think some other parts of tunes i've done have noticeable clicks that may be related but will have to track those down further.
i have a tiny example file handy here and can email if necessary.

I think i have posted something about this as well some time ago (on the old board),i have found when using the Dxx (volume slide) in the pattern instead of the volume envelope in the instrument tab that it sounds alot better.

LPChip

After quite some time without hearing anything about this bug (not even the example song) I'm going to close the bug. If you still want us to pursue this bug, please reply on this topic so we can reopen the bug for you.

(if possible With the example song. :) )
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs