Starting tracking beginning tips anyone?

Started by Uhfgood, September 21, 2006, 21:01:12

Previous topic - Next topic

kit beats

Quote from: "Relabsoluness"Could it be that the mod volume is just set too high?

Thanks again!

You mean the : setup/soundcard : pre-amb or initial settings-global settings or the other volume to the right in de initial settings?

I checked everyting pre amb..initial..and its stil beepin (also on the lowest volume point!)
"get the piece sounding pristine." - KrazyKats
..Like this one, definatly got the Sam Zen
individuality in it... - Asharin

LPChip

I figure this beeping and crackling you hear are the result of wrong DC offsets.

You can counteract this problem by doing the following:

* Open the setup screen
* Go to the tab Player
* Move down to Sound Quality
* Increase the value at samples to atleast 42 but longer can be required
* If that doesn't fix it, lower the WFIR Cutoff value.

If all above doesn't work, you can try to convert the song to an .IT file by going to the general tab in your song (not setup screen), press song properties, and Choose Impulse Tracker IT. Press ok and play your song again.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

kit beats

I think it's fixed with the new version.

thanks Keep in touch!

LPChip

Quote from: "Samplekit"Sorry i dont c : Sound quality @ vieuw/setup/player

What version are you using? You are using the latest Open Source build right? If not, then that can be a very good reason why this is happening.

There are several versions around: MODPlug Tracker 1.16 (really old) OpenMPT RC2 (public stable build) OpenMPT Revision .46 (latest beta build with lots of fixes since RC2)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

kit beats

I think it's fixed with the new version.

thanks Keep in touch!

[Rechtermuisknop is altijd makkelijk]

LPChip

Quote from: "Samplekit"Must i have the Athlon64.zip - or the sourche.rar ?

For the RC2 build, it doesn't really matter what processor you use, but if you want to choose, choose the one similar to your processor. This file contains the mptracker.exe along with all necessary files like the keypresets.

Once you have RC2 installed (read extracted :P) you can download the newest .46 build (which no longer has distinction between different CPU types) and overwrite the mptrack.exe file (or put it with a different name in the same folder if you ever wish to use RC2).