[Pop] Inside Out Remix (.mp3)

Started by LPChip, March 28, 2008, 15:33:36

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Awhile ago, I've asked Purple Motion approval to remix his song called Inside Out.

I've finished the song, and I can say that I'm quite pleased with the result. In this case, I did aim for realism so it won't be synthy as you expect. (well, not entirelly)

I did stumbled upon one problem though... While mixing the song, and getting help from KrazyKatz (thanks m8:)), something weird happened and I lost all my mixing settings. Luckelly I had exported to mp3 before that happened, and the version I have is near completion and certainly good enough.

I've decided to post this version. I do have the song with its notes, just not the EQ settings, etc. If I redo the mixing, I'll post an update.

Download: http://files.lpchip.nl/lpchip/Inside%20Out%20Remix.wav.mp3
Style: Pop
Original by: Purple Motion

Enjoy, and feedback is always nice :D
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

bvanoudtshoorn

Very nice. :) It's still a bit synthy, which gives a nice PM feel to it. :)

I'll try and post a more detailed comment later, when it's not twenty to one in the morning.  ::)

Sam_Zen

The thing that gives a bit synthy feeling is maybe caused by the multiple use of portamento in the lead.

I like the bass part. The track ends with a kind of hiccup, but this could be caused by my ogg-conversion.

LPChip

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"The thing that gives a bit synthy feeling is maybe caused by the multiple use of portamento in the lead.

I like the bass part. The track ends with a kind of hiccup, but this could be caused by my ogg-conversion.

No, it is caused because the song is supposed to loop :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

I have to admit that I like PMs tune more than this one. I guess I prefer his synth samples over this midi-like stuff :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.