[MUX, scene] Canyons and Insects (XM)

Started by Sam_Zen, August 29, 2006, 04:05:41

Previous topic - Next topic

apple-joe

Another atmospheric composition. Interesting sounds, and those melodic samples provide for a great mood. Quite alternative, as usual from this artist.
Sometimes that may scare the listener off, other times it may be a breathe of fresh air - as in this one. Creative melodies, ie. towards the end.

As a side note, I ended up looping this track for quite some minutes while reading an article about war. The track suited the setting.

Relabsoluness

I don't wonder apple-joe's remark about the tune suiting the given setting - nice atmosphere indeed; if this was, say, in some game soundtrack, I might play the game just to hear the tune :)

Sam_Zen

I guess this is why I only could come up with 'scene' while thinking about some style-info.

I noticed that lots of MPF members are busy with soundtrack for games. So I wondered what's the difference between a composed module, and the sound-data for a game. There must be some technical conditions and maybe conversions involved.
I guess the song should be able to repeat itself seamlessly in the first place. Because in a game, it's not known on forehand how long the player will stay in the scene. Of course some existing intro can be skipped with the 'restart' position.