[Ambient/Horror?] winded golem (it)

Started by CrazyAznGamer, August 31, 2006, 04:13:13

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyAznGamer

Yeah, another song I took the time to upload. :o
I took this song in a fairly different direction.

KLICK

Oh, and try make Instrument 14's global volume 48 and tell me if it helps balance. I hadn't really mastered it, and I probably won't, but I am fairly fond of this little ambient piece.

Sam_Zen

Instrument 14's global volume 48 can do, but it's a minor difference. Obviously you're not satisfied with. To find your own point of value, it's the quickest to exaggerate such settings, e.g. setting the global volume at 16 and check it.
This kind of finetuning I still don't call 'mastering', it's still part of making the final song-data itself, but that's a personal view. Because I make a distinction between the actual song-composition, with notes and instruments, and the actual production, where the mix, with added reverb etcetera, is a kind of output-composition on top of it.

Nice solo after 1:18. Be aware of using this portamento. It's quite a synth-cliche from the old ages, too self-evident.
Of course it's more 'dramatic', But if one uses this all the time note after note, it becomes predictable for the mind, so it looses the extra feeling. This is valid for a lot of effects, I think. An overdose kills the right perception of the song.