[MUX, House] Huijs (MOD)

Started by Sam_Zen, August 26, 2006, 01:51:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

On request I found another compo in this genre : Huijs
3:41 - 10 Channels - 21 lq samples.

apple-joe

Yeah, in the vein of PretPakket. Also a steady bassdrum groove in this one. Almost no variation in it, but sometimes that's not needed. A steady non-varied bassdrum rhythm may lead to the song being very stable. As almost always, your track sounds very free. Were you a jazz man, or have you never mentioned anything about that? I'm just wondering. Jazz is also very free.

SoundCrafter

Wow. Am I glad I semi-requested that!  This is another excellent piece, very steady, but very good.  I like the chord hits that enter at Patterns 9 and 11, and the steel-drum-type melody-thing at P.27.  Another great house piece.  More than iPod worthy.

PS: Do "Pret Pakket" and "Huijs" mean anything? Are they dutch?
---Formerly known as ---DjBj---. changed names for lots of reasons.
BooT-SectoR-ViruZ is the new Skaven and the whole world'z goin' to Hell.
Lowpass filter! Perform a generic type of dodge!!! :lol:
Everyone should get on this forum's chatroom RIGHT NOW...still not sure why, though.

Sam_Zen

Quote from: "apple-joe"Were you a jazz man, or have you never mentioned anything about that?
Nice thinking. I still am. Hearing jazz was the start for my interest in music as a boy.
This had some consequences. As seeing a solo as a source for free expression, instead of some neat illustration.
Another order. Not just a toggling of a stanza (couplet) and a refrain, but a start and end with a theme, with improvisations of some participating instruments after each other in the middle.
I'm pretty sure I've dropped some tracks in this download-category in the past, with more obvious jazz-elements.

2 SoundCrafter
Dutch indeed. I'm bilingual in the choice of the appropriate titles.
"Pret Pakket" means "Fun Package" and "Huijs" means "house" in a kind of old-fashioned spelling.

CrazyAznGamer

As a personal style thing, I would go for more changes in the base beat, make it less sparse during the areas where other noises can fill in the beat, but other than that, it's a very interesting song, as usual. I love how you use the delay and offset effects to create a sort of "echo/reverb", from what I've noticed, it's a style thing as well.

Yeah, it's cool.  :)

SoundCrafter

Heh heh...Fun package...ahem. Sorry.
---Formerly known as ---DjBj---. changed names for lots of reasons.
BooT-SectoR-ViruZ is the new Skaven and the whole world'z goin' to Hell.
Lowpass filter! Perform a generic type of dodge!!! :lol:
Everyone should get on this forum's chatroom RIGHT NOW...still not sure why, though.

Sam_Zen

Quote from: "CrazyAznGamer"how you use the delay and offset effects to create a sort of "echo/reverb", from what I've noticed, it's a style thing as well.
Good notice. Well, I had to, because it was in the pre-VST times, so I had to think of something. It's even possible to create some 'phasing' effect with this code-method.