[electro/drum 'n' bass] 'home' (mp3)

Started by xincbox, August 24, 2006, 16:42:06

Previous topic - Next topic

xincbox

Ok this is one of my weaker pieces, opting for a more drum 'n' bass type of feel but not being very successful :x sound quality is a little lacking in some parts, drum patterns around the middle (2:00) are a shambles!

i was new to the vocoding stuff, if anyone can suggest a more Mpt -friendly vocoder plugin then i would be eternally grateful! for this i used the Prosoniq OrangeVocoder

Xincbox - Home

extended version (better):

Xincbox - Home (new mix)

enjoy, post any comments!

SoundCrafter

Yay another Xincbox piece! I'm dloading this and the Main Reason right now, I'm on dialup, so i'll get back to ya.
---Formerly known as ---DjBj---. changed names for lots of reasons.
BooT-SectoR-ViruZ is the new Skaven and the whole world'z goin' to Hell.
Lowpass filter! Perform a generic type of dodge!!! :lol:
Everyone should get on this forum's chatroom RIGHT NOW...still not sure why, though.

xincbox

QuoteI'm on dialup, so i'll get back to ya.

Ok, talk to you next month!  :P

SoundCrafter

-Great piece overall
-Beautiful little melody at 0:28
-Vocoder is excellently done.
-I wish your bass could've been a little louder.

Other than that, the whole song is great! Excellent beats, and once again, sounds awesome quality-wise.

EDIT:
QuoteOk, talk to you next month
Lmfao...so sad because its true
Everyone should get on this forum's chatroom RIGHT NOW...still not sure why, though.

Sam_Zen

I don't know plugins, but if you're looking for a simple free tool to vocode things, check AnalogX.

I thought (really exceptional) : 'this piece is too short'.
The more, because I felt the part after 2:50 more as an interlude, promising more, than as a final.

So I took the freedom to play around to make a simple model of this idea, by jumping back from the end to the post-intro-point :
Home2 (I only will have this available for a few days)

xincbox

yeah i intended to carry on that last section (using the orangevocoder on the drum pattern) into another part of the song, looping back into the main hook.. but i settled for the abrupt stop at the end

i think i'll do some work on it tomorrow as i'm not really pleased with it as it is! and yeah, a lot of my pieces are too short

thanks for the input

xincbox

ok keeping your feedback in mind, i've done a longer version of this song.. oomping up the bass, and writing more sections so the piece is around 2 minutes longer. also used some of the Zxx macro stuff.. thanks for teaching me SoundCrafter. (possibility of overuse of the sweeping filter though, i tried a lot of things out and left them in)

Xincbox - Home (new mix)

better or worse? too long? hope to hear from you guys

SoundCrafter

Can't get it. Server too busy. I did Save Target As

xincbox

Xincbox - Home (new mix)

try that^ forget the save target as.

'mooload' did sound a bit stupid, put it on yourfile host (was down before)

Sam_Zen

SoundCrafter

Aiie! Nice. Bass is excellent, and the 2 or so minutes you've added have really let this song build and soak in. Excellent piece. Well freakin done.

Quote from: "Xincbox"also used some of the Zxx macro stuff.. thanks for teaching me SoundCrafter. (possibility of overuse of the sweeping filter though, i tried a lot of things out and left them in)

NP. And not overuse at all. Very nice, subtle effect.

xincbox

xaimus

The entire track sounds like it's sent through mpt's "surround" filter and a lowpass filter.  :\

Aside from the sound quality/mix issues, this track was neat.  I liked the bass.

EDIT: Typos.

xincbox

Quote from: "xaimus"The entire track sounds like it's sent through mpt's "surround" filter a lowpass filter.  :\

yeah, got a feeling it was :X

i'm pretty clueless when it comes to final mixing/ judging panning, sound quality, effects balance etc.. so any tips would be greatly appreciated

xaimus

I wish I could offer some good constructive advice, but I'm not terribly experienced with mixing either.