[Soundtrack/Ambient] Biological Movement (.it)

Started by LPChip, August 24, 2006, 13:45:00

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Before you download this, please note the following: This song is not like my usual songs!

I wanted to do more ambient and less melody. Actually this song doesn't have something called a melody. It has big stuctures of sounds of ambient, combined with sound effects.

It could be classified as a song, but perhaps more experimental. Dunno, I usually don't do this kind of stuff :)

All samples were made with my voice and a mike, so they are not HQ, but it certainly creates a certain feeling.

Feel free to check it out! You might actually like it.

Link to Biological Movement:
http://lpchip.com/download/BiologicalMovement.zip

filesize zipped: 220k

Note: Best played with MODPlug Tracker or XMPlay cus the song has echo and reverb effects.

Feel free to comment :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

One could classify any track as a 'song', as unity, even non-vocal or without a distinctive melody.
I like it.
I noticed a very detailed attention to the proper volume settings during the song of samples and channels.

rncekel

Nice idea. And good song (yes, I also think this could be called a song; it would fit perfectly as a soundtrack for some film)

LPChip

Heh. The story behind this song is quite funny.

As you might know, I make music for my companies game, and in this game, we have 4 different races to play with. One is like a mutated biological cyborg like species.

My collegue said that I should try making a less melody like song to see how that works. So I went kind of mad and overdid it :P He didn't wanted that much melody, but this was too few :)

He did liked the song, but it just didn't suited its purpose. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

apple-joe

What? I incidentally loaded the .zip file in modplug, and it plays - well ok!

Gloomy intro. Very interesting. Original. I don't know what to say, there's not too much going on, but on a creative level it is very good. I like the overall strangeness. Oh, and I enjoyed the Dxx use for the #7 sample. Very interesting, and very strange composition.

CrazyAznGamer

Quote from: "apple-joe"What? I incidentally loaded the .zip file in modplug, and it plays - well ok!

Gloomy intro. Very interesting. Original. I don't know what to say, there's not too much going on, but on a creative level it is very good. I like the overall strangeness. Oh, and I enjoyed the Dxx use for the #7 sample. Very interesting, and very strange composition.

Modplug supports compressed versions of tracks, like itz's. These are basically zipped up regular ol' tracks, so Modplug can open zips as well.

To LP: Very sparse style, but it fits the work nicely. :o

LPChip

I kind of forgot to mention...

This track is best played with MODPlug Tracker, otherwise you won't hear the echo and reverb effects...

2CrazyAznGamer: tnx :)

Sam_Zen

Useful mention. I played the track with MPP, and now I noticed I missed some spicy things.