[electronica] 'the 447th piece' (mp3)

Started by xincbox, August 20, 2006, 12:57:42

Previous topic - Next topic

xincbox

apple-joe

Commenting as I'm listening; Interesting style. Groovy rhythm. Great relation between bass and drumming. Enjoyable sounds too. Original composition. I sense a VST effect in there, correct?

I liked this. Upload more.

Sam_Zen

What I think ?
How about making a whole album with all tracks have as title : "untitled" ?
I refuse to review the 447th piece called "untitled" by someone. If you have no imagination with text, at least give it a number or so.

xincbox

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"What I think ?
How about making a whole album with all tracks have as title : "untitled" ?
I refuse to review the 447th piece called "untitled" by someone. If you have no imagination with text, at least give it a number or so.

How about you take a listen, then suggest a fitting title?

Thanks for the positive feedback, there's more to stream here

Sam_Zen

Refusing a review doesn't mean that I didn' take a listen of course. I don't do title-suggestions either. And it is not necessary here, because there is already text-material. I heard something like 'Start My Day'

xincbox

pleasant. in your honour we have christened the song with the wonderous title of 'the 447th piece'

SoundCrafter

Woo. This song is friggin tight, with a style to be admired. I have no complaints for this song, except for that it's probably better than anything I could ever hope to write.  Love the samples, very high quality.  Where'd you get 'em, if I may ask?

Oh, and I assume this was made in MP Tracker? Almost sounds TOO good for it.

EDIT:
@Sam_zen: The vocals in the song are "I'm ready to sell my day"? I think. Sounds like a hooker. lol. There also seems to be an english child saying "Are we nearly there yet"? Can't quite tell.

@xincbox: Congrats, this song has earned a place on my iPod.
---Formerly known as ---DjBj---. changed names for lots of reasons.
BooT-SectoR-ViruZ is the new Skaven and the whole world'z goin' to Hell.
Lowpass filter! Perform a generic type of dodge!!! :lol:
Everyone should get on this forum's chatroom RIGHT NOW...still not sure why, though.

xincbox

Quote from: "SoundCrafter"Love the samples, very high quality.  Where'd you get 'em, if I may ask?

Hmm, struggling to remember.. i made this one a while back but i think its a mixture of my instrument library (old 16/32 bit samples my older brother collected over the years), the GMDLS stuff that comes with Mpt, and drum samples stolen from Reason :p the voice samples are my lovely girlfriend, and they're is a bit of her flute in there aswell.

QuoteOh, and I assume this was made in MP Tracker? Almost sounds TOO good for it.

yeah, i do struggle sometimes to make stuff i do in modplug match up in sound quality with other peoples FLstudio / cubase/ reason work.. but i think i did quite well with this track

Quote@Sam_zen: The vocals in the song are "I'm ready to sell my day"? I think. Sounds like a hooker. lol. There also seems to be an english child saying "Are we nearly there yet"? Can't quite tell.

i think we can leave now / i think we believe now / i'm ready to start my day / i've got to tidy up! / are we nearly there yet ?

Quote@xincbox: Congrats, this song has earned a place on my iPod.

That really has made my day, thanks for all the positive feedback!

There's a more recent song i've been working on this week here, a little different in style so it might not be your thang :S

SoundCrafter

Again well done. Absouletly amazing. You've been blessed with an excellent talent and use it well.

Did I hear you say you have a girlfriend? Who plays the flute? Paah, some people have all the luck. heh heh.

QuoteThat really has made my day, thanks for all the positive feedback!
Anytime
QuoteThere's a more recent song i've been working on this week here, a little different in style so it might not be your thang :S

Anything is my thang. Except country. Anything
I'll get dloading that song, I'm on dialup, and having some PC problems right now.
Everyone should get on this forum's chatroom RIGHT NOW...still not sure why, though.

Sam_Zen

2 xincbox
Thanks for the honour, I renamed the file.
I can join the positive side here, again a tight and detailed piece of work.

~ A pity that the speedy hihat at 0:34 is not used more often.
~ The harmony sequence of 4 declining ground-notes is a bit of a cliche, but it's one of my favourites too,
if I like to improvise on things.

I commented "the main reason" on the proper place, its own thread.

SoundCrafter

Quote"I'm ready to sell my day"? I think. Sounds like a hooker. lol.

BTW: I did NOT mean that your GF sounded like a hooker. I meant my idea of what the vocals said sounded like what a hooker would say.  :oops:

Computer problems fixed. I'm gonna get that new song of yours now.