[LP] Dimlight Alley Crew - Evening (OGG)

Started by Louigi Verona, August 16, 2006, 12:15:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Louigi Verona

Dimlight Alley Crew

proudly presents its next musicdisk:

Evening

This is the 3rd part out of 4 planned for the series. With nine various tracks, we invite you to experience different moods of evening, felt by different artists and depicted through their musical creations.

All songs are encoded in OGG and the whole ZIP package is 30MB.

Please visit our project page at http://dimlight.net/projects.html

Sam_Zen

I have no verdict yet, because it's a lot of material. 'Cooth' sounds promising.
I extracted 10 files. But found no indication about the order of them.

Louigi Verona

???
What 10 files?
There is an exe file which is a player with beautiful graphics and comments. Just execute it!

Louigi Verona

Sam_Zen

10 files including the intro.
Of course I found the exe file, but I wanted to have a quick look at the sound-material first.
Besides that, it has never been my habit to 'just execute' some file, just because it's there. I'm quite precautious with this, and the past has proved the benefits. Things that change associations, etc.

So.. The player is very nice indeed. I found some strong tracks, and some weak ones, but not too weak to spoil the party. This is an international project indeed.. Falling Leaves is one of the strong ones.

Louigi Verona

Thank you for the compliment! It is so nice to hear!

Anyway, if you have time and desire, you can get the Morning and Afternoon albums and see if you like those. =)

Sam_Zen

I would certainly like to have the links to the previous albums in this concept. Do you know '4 seasons' by Wendy Carlos by the way?

I have to say, that I personaly are not that keen about all kinds of 'holistic' elements in these things. The clichees.
So I don't agree with every interpretation. But I recognize quality, so even if not all personal taste, I still like to spread the link. I look for craftmanship, besides final output.

This project has connections with indian 'raga', which have the same typifications within a day.

Louigi Verona

Visit the above link. If you scroll down, you'll see the rest of the albums.

Sam_Zen

Yeah, sorry. Already found that in the meantime.