[techno] watching while the world goes by (mp3)

Started by maleek, August 20, 2006, 11:00:27

Previous topic - Next topic

maleek

This is my latest creation using modplug. And one of the few tracks I feel truly proud of. As part of a demo to a few selected labels. What I feel special is that for the last 8 years I?ve used the modplug tracker is the year that I feel that I have really learned the potential of the instrument that is modplug.

Watching while the world goes by is a part of a planned ep with a few tracks with feelings about my life. It could be described as introspective techno. I?m trying to create something new here.

Suecae - watching while the world goes by
http://www.archive.org/details/suecae_sounds-watching_while_the_world_goes_by

Sam_Zen

( Nice to be able to choose for an OGG. )
Good piece of work, but it could need some finetuning.
~ It will be more 'introspective' if the instruments in the higher spectrum would be less at the foreground, to give more room for the more growling sounds below. For example the "guitar" sound at about 4:20 is far too loud.
~ The sounds introduced around 1:05 are a bit too much the common preset "synth" type to my taste.
~ The short tonal transpositions at 2:20 are not necessary imo and work almost contraproductive, because it breaks the flow of the drone.

maleek

Thanks for the comments. Your ideas are valuable. There will probably be a version released (maybe a dub aswell) later if my plan on a ep is realised. To balance the instruments, as you noted, is very important for mastering and the final experience of the track. There are some finetuning aspects that I will look in to when I've more time for mastering.

SoundCrafter

Nice track. Sounds pro.  I like how it's not exactly melodic, but not exactly monotonic either.  Great piece overall.
---Formerly known as ---DjBj---. changed names for lots of reasons.
BooT-SectoR-ViruZ is the new Skaven and the whole world'z goin' to Hell.
Lowpass filter! Perform a generic type of dodge!!! :lol:
Everyone should get on this forum's chatroom RIGHT NOW...still not sure why, though.