[Chip] Wabba wo (it)

Started by markie, June 28, 2006, 22:07:37

Previous topic - Next topic

markie

LINK

yeah.. another happycrappy chiptune from me :)

LPChip

Nice song.

In order to make it more happy crappy, I suggest to increase the speed a little bit, to make it more happy.

Please note, that the real challenge is not in making happy crappy songs. You might learn alot from making the other chipstyles ;) although a happy crappy tune now and then is always nice.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

mikosoft

No way, speed is great :P
It's listenable and would fit great as background music. I like most of the arrangements, especially the arpeggiated ones and those staccatos near the end.

P.S.: Is it Madonna or ABBA in there? Answer honestly :)
Believe in Him and be free.

LPChip

Quote from: "mikosoft"No way, speed is great :P
It's listenable and would fit great as background music. I like most of the arrangements, especially the arpeggiated ones and those staccatos near the end.

P.S.: Is it Madonna or ABBA in there? Answer honestly :)

Speed is great for the song, but happy crappy is very fast. Faster than this song, which pulls it out of that cathegory, and I'm quite sure it sounds better if its slightly faster ;)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

apple-joe

LPChip: Even more speed? You must be a true speed addict.

I like the song. No complaints really, even though there were not many effects in use for the melodic parts. Perhaps not neccessary in this one either as the track was strong on its own nevertheless. I liked the Madonna melodic emulation too.

But, LPChip, once again; ... more speed?

LPChip

Quote from: "apple-joe"LPChip: Even more speed? You must be a true speed addict.

I like the song. No complaints really, even though there were not many effects in use for the melodic parts. Perhaps not neccessary in this one either as the track was strong on its own nevertheless. I liked the Madonna melodic emulation too.

But, LPChip, once again; ... more speed?

The reason why I say so, is because the background is slower than the foreground, and also the volume of the background is louder than the faster piece :P

markie

thanks for the replies guys :)
it's ABBA, not madonna.. tho madonna has used it aswell ;)

mikosoft

Quote from: "markie"thanks for the replies guys :)
it's ABBA, not madonna.. tho madonna has used it aswell ;)
:boogie: at last there ARE still some people that are aware of original artists
Believe in Him and be free.

Rylo

Wow, just to say this tune is fantastic. So much variation and stuff going on...it just sounds great. Loved the way you got the ABBA tune in there too.  :shock:  :lol:

Brilliant.  8)

SoundCrafter

DUDE! Totally Bitchin track.  The ABBA tune is awesome (That's always been a favorite of mine). Lots of (Great) variation.
GREAT transistions, particularly, the portamento-downs, followed by the hits.

Also, I love the tremors in the last half of the song.  I only have one complaint, and that's that the song is too short! It's such a great song, but it's so short and the ending leaves the listener with a feeling of incompleteness.  

LP, I turned the tempo up to 150. Sounds pretty good, except for the ABBA part, which sounds rushed. But you're right, more speed is nice, excpet it makes the already short song shorter.

Great tune, I may remix it.
---Formerly known as ---DjBj---. changed names for lots of reasons.
BooT-SectoR-ViruZ is the new Skaven and the whole world'z goin' to Hell.
Lowpass filter! Perform a generic type of dodge!!! :lol:
Everyone should get on this forum's chatroom RIGHT NOW...still not sure why, though.

CrazyAznGamer

I second moar speed.
The ending sounds sooo cool at 255 tempo...