[Rock] Strings of Sadness (MP3)

Started by Joshiii-Kun, August 02, 2006, 22:48:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshiii-Kun

I made another song today! :D

Strings of Sadness
I created this music track with the use of the SGM-180 soundfont, sfz, Classic Chorus, Classic Reverb, Classic Compressor and Classic EQ. Oh, and not to forget, OpenMPT of course!
It took me quite a while to tweak some parts of this song, I messed a little with the tempo in the middle of the song, but I removed all those things because they made the song slow and boring.
I hope you guys like it!

Fun fact: This version of Strings of Sadness is actually the second version. The first version was actually a piano test, which you can download here. I discovered this song also sounded nice on the guitar, so I wrote down the tablature for this, to check if it was playable, and it was. And so I went on making the song...

Download:
[Download]
Remastered. Should've known better than to make and release the song in one night.

Sam_Zen

Filefront is a mess, as far as I'm concerned. The box.net links work fine.

It's quite neat and correct, and I wonder about the number of tools needed to produce these few sounds, but my main comment : Where is the real sadness ? Quite hard to find.

Joshiii-Kun

The sadness is in some of the notes, but I knew it, another bad title XD
And I notice now that I the sounds are too loud in the main song, which distorts the sound somewhat. I couldn't hear that when I was making this song, which was in around 1am XD
The next version should be up in a jiffy.

Why that many tools? I liked to have a reverb in it. The guitar sounded better with a compression effect on it. The clean guitar sound still needed some tweaking, so I used the EQ.
I needed the chorus effect for the distorted guitar because the sound sounded too flat, like, one long line, and it didn't feel right.

I guess I was just trying to imitate the sound of my electric guitar a little bit much ^^;

EDIT:

Kay, updated version is up now.

Sam_Zen

The balance has been improved indeed.