[chiptune] potatochip (it)

Started by cubaxd, July 29, 2006, 01:00:32

Previous topic - Next topic

cubaxd

this is my first chiptune ever. small, short, fast, dirty :>)

filename: http://axd.10e.net/mods/potatochip.it.zip
size: 3.6k zipped
length: 1:33

Sam_Zen

Indeed the ingredients, small short and fast. Maybe the dirty aspect could be stronger to my flavour, by not using paprika but chili-pepper.

cubaxd

it's not even paprika. it's just salted due to export restriction. next will be dirtier (maybe) :)

LPChip

A true happy-crappy song.

Although I didn't liked it that much. This is basically because of the sound (bdrum for example) and I didn't liked the chords that much either.

The melodies were made well to the chords, but with the chords I got the feeling you just randomly selected a few chords and used that in your song.

Also, you used an appregio 15 which produces a bad appregio, because its like C-5 C#5 F-5. You could replace this with 59 or 5A

59 = C, F, A
5A = C, F, A#

difference = major/minor scale.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

cubaxd

hi LPChip

Quotewith the chords I got the feeling you just randomly selected a few chords and used that in your song.

not really. but when i make a pattern i do not yet know how the next pattern will sound. i guess thats the reason for this randomness. but you can find such wandering around in most of my tunes. they have no plot :)

QuoteAlso, you used an appregio 15 which produces a bad appregio, because its like C-5 C#5 F-5.

this is a jazz chord, i assume and i think it fits very well at this place. at least i couldn't find another chord which could replace this :(

LPChip

Maybe you're after a 7th? J5B

It are C-5, F-5, B-5

but then again, im not into jazz at all :P
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs