[Metal] One More Hit [MP3]

Started by brumal, July 28, 2006, 02:45:17

Previous topic - Next topic

brumal

Trying some new samples and production techniques. Enjoy. Comments and criticisms appreciated. And I know, it needs vocals. :)

One More Hit   / 5:22, 8.4MB MP3
http://www.rapidsharing.com/download.php?id=E07CFA91

Sam_Zen

As long as it is not directly downloadable, I consider this as light spam.

brumal

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"As long as it is not directly downloadable, I consider this as light spam.

As long as you are not a site admin, I consider your post irrelevant.

LPChip

And what if I agree with SamZen? :o

Or better... What if I make him a site-admin just for fun? :nuts:
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Louigi Verona

brumal: I think there's no problem with linking to rapidshare kinda sites. Just put small instructions on how to go from there: put numbers into the filed, hit submit.. you know. so ppl would know it's easy.

brumal

Quote from: "LPChip"And what if I agree with SamZen? :o

Then perhaps you should add a statement to the forum rules indicating that such sites should not be linked to.

LPChip

Quote from: "brumal"
Quote from: "LPChip"And what if I agree with SamZen? :o

Then perhaps you should add a statement to the forum rules indicating that such sites should not be linked to.

Nah. Its allowed. I reacted a bit strange on the way both of you reacted to eachother. I was like huh? this tiny problem gets big very easilly. Aside of that, im in a not-serious-funny-way-like-thingy-stuff mood :P
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

2 brumal
Relax please. I was not trying to behave like a site admin, and I was not talking about rules or forbiddens.
And I withdraw the use of the term "light spam". I like to replace it by "very inconvenient".

I behaved like a user, who enters a forum-category, meant to be for "downloads", and is offered a page without a link to a file anywhere.
If it anyway has to be like this, then Louigi's demand is correct. Adding some guidance would have been nice. At least about the 3-digit number check ..

Let's get to the real thing, let's talk electronic sound :
- Nice envelope in time. Good ending. One that makes you have to recap in the trailing silence.
- Production is ok, but the panorama feels a bit 'flat' in some way.
- Vocals is a solo-thing (or, at least, something that is at the front). Adding vocals with text in a tracker is not that easy. That's why most modules are instrumental. Does this song needs vocals to be complete ?
Not necessarily.
- I noticed a kind of solo-sound between about 3:10 and 3:40, but it was hidden in the rest. So tuning the range between 'back' and 'front' in 'presence', the z-axis so to speak, would improve your intentions.