.43 Time estimation

Started by Sam_Zen, June 30, 2006, 00:25:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

I can't recall the source right now, but I encountered a module called Strangestest. In IT-format.

It appears to be an exceptional one, because big values are used there. The width is 23 channels, but each pattern has a length of 1024 steps and there are 80 different patterns in the pattern order..

Result (using v1.17.02.43):
The old small MP Player couldn't handle the file. OMPT of course could load and play, but then 'estimated time length' was shown as 3:24. Which is only enough, maybe exactly, with the length of one single pattern in this case.

No big deal of course. But after I saved the module in the XM-format, the MP Player worked, and OMPT showed the correct timelength : 167:14.

EDIT: Skip the XM-part. The conversion appears to be very crappy. Different speed of patterns, and missing large blocks of data.

rewbs

Sorry for the delay in looking into this and thanks for providing the testcase.
It looks like song time estimation breaks when there's a pattern break (Cxx) and a position jump (Bxx) on the same row. Will fix soon.

rewbs

This should be fixed in v1.17.02.45

LPChip

Sam Zen, can you please tell us if its fixed or not?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

Just updated to .45 and I'm pleased to tell it is fixed.

LPChip

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Just updated to .45 and I'm pleased to tell it is fixed.

Thanks. Closing this one.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs