[breakbeat/industrial] duality.it

Started by hellscion, July 23, 2006, 12:31:35

Previous topic - Next topic

hellscion

i think the mixing on my other songs might've made you wonder so here's something in mod format. just click the link and wait about 20 seconds...

http://www.mysharefile.com/v/5715085/duality.it.html

a lot different than the other songs...  :wink:
Sometimes in order to see the light you have to risk the dark.

XAVT

This track is indeed better and in music terms its good and I myself like it. However. You can`t avoid the issue of sound. It seems you`re matture enough in the feild of music to start caring for your sound. Again this track is really low on volume, although better then the former I found no clarity in the mix at all. You cant just call me a jerk and a square because I gave you a full review, most people do that for the opposite reasons ;)
And about the Israel thing, youre wrong, listen to InfectedMushrooms sound and understand why they are considered to be No1 on the feild of TranceMusic and Sound, they dont take it lightly at all.

And no, I don`t know you and I don`t think anyone here treats you any different because of your Nickname, where on earth did you get that from
?
A cigarette a day keeps the doctor at bay.
A joint a week makes him look unique.

hellscion

haha...not something i really want to talk about on a music forum. every study sociology or psychology? perhaps i am toying with you, bwahaha  :twisted: i do care about sound quality but i'm not really all that serious with it on the internet and forums and things like that.  usually if you go for 100% sound clarity with mod usually it'll sound like an amiga chip-tune. i don't want problems with anyone here so i'll try to be nice, but if you say anything rude to me i'll let you know.. um...i'm not really into a lot of trance and techno...most of what i listen to is metal and obscure techno styles like hardcore/gabber. still though you struck me as rude before...i'll let it go...this time...  :lol:

XAVT

Well then, listen to dream theater and understand the same thing.
A cigarette a day keeps the doctor at bay.
A joint a week makes him look unique.

hellscion

Sam_Zen

This piece has with the used instruments a lot of potentials to create a second compo with the same band..

hellscion

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"This piece has with the used instruments a lot of potentials to create a second compo with the same band..

heh, uhh...excuse me?

apple-joe

This one is very 'different'. I like the somewhat original piano intro, as well as the low pitched droning sounds. The overall sound may be a little aggressive, but somehow I assume that's your intention?

The way you composed it / regarding tonality, makes it a little 'attacking' in its nature, which may suit well with aggressive sounds.  I like the motion/drive which is to be heard in this one, perhaps especially towards the end.

Sam_Zen

2 hellscion
I will excuse you, because you tell me that you don't take some things so seriously. So a compact sentence about a new dimension can introduce too much 'uuh' to handle. So I won't explain further.

hellscion

bah...you insult my intelligence. out with it man

Sam_Zen

If I seriously mean to insult somebody, I will always deliver warnings before, having a 'call' for intelligence.
As far as I'm concerned this is still a discussion, not a struggle.

This is simply a practical matter. You have pattern-data and you have sample-data. Both make the song.
Suppose uou keep the same imported samples, and compose/code a totally different piece with the same material.
You have created the beginning of a repertoire of the same band ..