[Synthpop] - Walking on Water (MP3 and OGG)

Started by synthirius, July 02, 2006, 22:29:08

Previous topic - Next topic

synthirius

Hi everyone,

6 months have passed by since i released something new, i have been working on one track for many months but somehow I'm not able to finish it, so i started composed another track with success i must say, it's wonderful !
So now I'm glad to share this track with you, it's called 'Walking on Water', the style of it is again like all my previous work difficult to put, perhaps you listeners can give me a hand with this because I'm really not good at it :)

As before you can still download my work on my personal site, if any of you object to this then please reply and i will give a direct link to it, i know many of you would say why not just give us the direct link now, the reason is quiet simple on my personal site you can rate my work, and perhaps i will not make it in the commercial business but still it is fun to get a score for your work, yes you can rate all my work, giving point and comments, and these points changes the top 10 of all my work instantly on my web site, props to my friend for the coding work for all that.

The best description for style for this track would be: progressive, synthpop, melodic..

Other info for this track is as follow:

In mp3:
http://users.telenet.be/synthirius3/.synthiriusfiles/Synthirius_2006__Walking_on_Water.mp3  

in ogg:
http://users.telenet.be/synthirius3/.synthiriusfiles/Synthirius_2006__Walking_on_Water.ogg

Title          : Walking on Water (Radio Edit)
Playing Time   : 03:42
Channels Used  : 18
Equipment Used : Loop Essentials, Vengeance Effects, Dance Mega Synth, KorgWorkstation 01/Wfd, Skaletracker

the web site address is simply, http://www.synthirius.com

Enjoy everyone, and thanks for taking your time, for reading !

PS: for all the admins and other members of this forum, if you want a direct link just ask!
PPS: I'm not new here, i registered on the old board last year it's good to see the board has been revived.

Sam_Zen

Welcome aboard again !
The material is quite conventional, but it would indeed serve well with a clip showing somebody walking on water.
Not as a miracle, but as an illustration of what's happening at the surface and above.

Never mind direct link or not. It's more convenient, but there are more members pointing to their own website index to pick the file to download. As long is this is not accompanied by naggy things, nothing's wrong with that i.m.o.

LPChip

I'd really appreciate a direct link. People just not want to browse your site to get that song. If they like your music, they will do that anyway. Its for your own good ;)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

Thanks.
'Never mind' was the wrong expression,I agree with LPChip. I prefer strongly a direct link.
(Every member has the option to place the website-URL in their profile anyway.)

It's interesting to have two different formats of the same song available here.
I wonder if people could hear any distinctions if comparing.
A comparison can be done, because both files are about the same size, and handle about the same bitrate.
Although the mp3 has a variable bitrate, and the ogg a fixed one (192).

I compared before and I compared these too, and so far my report is the same every time :
Overall sound quality about the same, but Ogg scores slightly better with the dynamics and the panorama.

Another difference is more a political one. Mp3 is a copyright of the Fraunhofer Institute, while Ogg is open-source.

I was pleased to see that someone did fill in the tag of the file with more info, at least with the Ogg one. You're an exception unfortunately.

apple-joe

Very nice in sound, almost excellent in my opinion. Great composition too, but one thing; a few of the transitions in the beginning happened a little... fast. Perhaps smooth them out a bit? More subtle volume fade etc. Not so 'instant'. Just a suggestion.