Resampling samples to new frequencies, is there an option to affect all notes?

Started by Magnar, Yesterday at 10:56:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnar

Hi,

If the song is already created, but samples was loaded with an IT-format but later saved to PT format, there case now is that several samples in the song patterns are using notes above B-6. Which makes them above supported in PT2 format. The was probably because sample-frequencies went out of bound of Amiga compability when first loaded.

If I use the resample (CTRL+R) feature on the samples that plays notes above B-6, I can downsample so that the samples works within correct notes of C-4 to B-6.

However, when doing this, is there a possibility to rearrange also all notes used by the sample to the new downsampled frequency? So for example, if the note was earlier played A-7, I downsample it and wants it to play A-6 instead. Is there a way to either make that automatic change when you resample throughout the whole module and all its patterns?

Or... is there another option to Transpose all notes by a instrument number for all patterns?

Cheers Magnar

Saga Musix

I think it might be possible to amend the resampling dialog with an option specifically for MOD files to update pattern notes based on the resampling ratio, just like it's already possible to automatically adjust offset commands.

QuoteOr... is there another option to Transpose all notes by a instrument number for all patterns?

OpenMPT's Find and Replace functionality is rather powerful and exactly suited for this task. On the "Find" page, set the sample number to find, and then in the "Replace" tab chose the required transposition amount.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.