Is multi-channel VST input possible?

Started by chr15m, October 02, 2024, 11:24:55

Previous topic - Next topic

chr15m

Some VSTs are able to take more than 2 channels as input. I can't seem to get it working with OpenMPT, but it may be the plugin I am using. If it does work, how are the channels divided up? I guess what would be ideal (for me) is if e.g. the first source going into the VST goes to the first two channels, then the next source goes into the next two channels, and so on.

Saga Musix

Currently this is not possible, apart from going through some "host-inside-VST" solution (I think energyXT has been brought up a couple of times in the forum to accomplish this but I cannot vouch for it). I do have some unfinished code that would allow for arbitrary input routing, though there are still a few open questions. I initially wanted to finish this code in the context of more complex modular graph routing, but it might make sense to take things a bit easier and just have this part of the feature available before the other stuff happens (which is potentially never).
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

chr15m

Ah ok, yes a solution which allows that simplest input routing would be awesome!

BTW is there any way to sponsor your work? I am using OpenMPT every week to write music and I believe in supporting the software I use regularly.

Saga Musix

Thanks, you can leave a donation via https://openmpt.org/donate which is used to cover our hosting and code signing costs.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.