How can I search music files only by date, without any search terms?

Started by Crobran, September 04, 2024, 15:32:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Crobran

I had the ModPlug player a long time ago, like 2000 to 2007. I had some tracks that I loved listening to but I have no idea what they were called. I'm trying to find the oldest tracks that are posted here and I can sort postings by the oldest response but not by post date, as far as I can tell. Is there a way to do that?

Saga Musix

This seems to be a bit of an undocumented feature described here: You can sort by thread creation date by sorting by date first and then replacing the "last_post" in the URL by "first_post".

Note, though, that the original ModPlug song database went down in 2005 (due to a server crash, I think), just like the original forum. This new forum was launched in late 2005 and doesn't have any of the older content.

There was a partial backup of the original song database from around 2000-2001 posted by MisterX some years ago, and you can download this partial backup here: ftp://ftp.untergrund.net/users/sagamusix/openmpt/resources/modplug.com_music_backup/

If a song's download link is dead, don't hesitate to ask. Someone might have downloaded the song and have a copy they can share.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.