[Trance?] Re-revolution! (.mp3) A somewhat generic tune

Started by controlleronahanger, July 04, 2024, 15:19:06

Previous topic - Next topic

controlleronahanger

I guess I could start by showing off a track I wrote earlier this year. Let me know what you think!
Download it here! (2.19 MB)

INFO:
A fade-out was added to the end of the song in Audacity, which is also where the song's tracks were mixed and mastered.
These are some of the stuff I used while making this song:
E-mu Proteus VX, SmartElectronix Ambience, Samples from kiarchive, and ReaPlugs

...just in case, here's proof that I wrote this song in OpenMPT:
proof.pngproof2.png
Nothing like a getaway from modern-day social media, I suppose

Current "Have you heard of this game!?": VIVIDLOPE (Jaklub, 2023)

Saga Musix

Not bad, but why does it sound like it was downloaded from Napster in 2001? 8) (referring to the low-quality 96kbit/s MP3 encoding)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

controlleronahanger

I'll be honest: the main reason why the file is of such quality is that I was paranoid that some robot would come by and throw the song into some kind of data set somewhere.
I can upload a higher-quality .mp3 if you want!

Saga Musix

If that's your main concern, I guess uploading the original module is probably the safest choice - module files are obscure enough that it's more likely that there is some big-corp AI trained on "restoring" low-quality MP3s to some higher-quality audio than one being trained on working with obscure file formats from the 90s. ;)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

controlleronahanger

That could work, but I'm not sure how would one go about dealing with the warnings and/or errors that may arise from not having all the plugins the original .mptm uses installed.

Saga Musix

Many people use that as an excuse to not post their modules, and I really don't think that needs to be the case. Everything I make, I release as a module, no matter how many plugins it uses. If someone out there is determined to listen to the module, they will be able to locate all the plugins.

Vojvodinosaurus

This track is so good and authentic you should upload it to as many platforms as you can to preserve it, MEGA will prolly delete it
Just a friendly recommendation  ;D
!IMPORTANT!
You are allowed to remix my songs ONLY in TRANCE/GOA/PSYTRANCE GENRE and NO Trap HiHat Rolls PLEASE
My stuff: https://alonetone.com/vojvodinosaurus