Achievement Unlocked: Maximum Sequences

Started by KingWolf, June 29, 2024, 23:30:56

Previous topic - Next topic

KingWolf

Hi all, I've been using this for multiple years now, and I just found out about the sequence limit. I guess it's time to start a new module then LOL

Saga Musix

Out of curiosity, what's your use case for that many sequences? The original use case of the feature were game soundtracks sharing comom instruments; having more than 50 tracks sharing the same set of instruments seemed to be more than enough, I guess. While it would probably not be that big of a deal to raise this limit, I'd first like to have a better understanding why you'd need that many sequences to begin with.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

KingWolf

Yes, video game tracks are one of my use cases. Though this particular beast of a module is full of "Spyro custom tracks", mainly using the MIDI plugin, and I'm lazy so I kept using the same module over the years lol

Saga Musix

Quote from: KingWolf on June 29, 2024, 23:51:41...and I'm lazy so I kept using the same module over the years lol

Is this mostly so that you don't have to set up the module every time from scratch? If so, you might be interested in the template module mechanism if you haven't check it out yet.. With that, you can configure a base template with the MIDI plugin and everything else set up, so that you can get right to work on a new track.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

KingWolf

Quote from: Saga Musix on June 30, 2024, 11:47:16Is this mostly so that you don't have to set up the module every time from scratch?
That is correct :)

Quote from: Saga Musix on June 30, 2024, 11:47:16If so, you might be interested in the template module mechanism if you haven't check it out yet..
I'm not going to lie, It's been so long in the one module I forgot I had a template made previously, but it was so old it was not compatible with my new MIDI setup lol. I got a new one going and it should serve me well now. I even found the "Save all" instruments feature so re-importing was a simple drag-n-drop and repopulating plugins. Saved a new template as well so I'm set. Thanks!

Saga Musix

Great to hear that this solved your problem :)