Mass connect samples to a plugin

Started by Cartman1337, June 16, 2024, 19:38:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Cartman1337

Like the topic says; is there any way to mass connect samples to a plugin? Like if you have vocoder VST and several vocal samples you want to push through it. I know I can go into each sample, once they're connected up as instruments, and select the plugin from the Plugin / MIDI dropdown, and select "No" when it asks if I want to remove the sample underneath, but I've only found a way to do that per sample, which can take some time in projects with lots of vocal samples.

It would be cool if I could just select all the samples I want it connected to, right click or something and select the plugin I want to route it to.

Saga Musix

If all those samples are going to be played in the same channel(s), you could consider assigning the plugin to the channel instead of the individual instruments. Alternatively, if the samples are all going to be played at the same pitch, you can map all samples to the same instrument. For example, if all samples are supposed to be played at C-5, put a C-5 somewhere in the first column of the sample map and then right-click and choose "map all notes to C-5". Then assign all the sample numbers to different notes within that instrument.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Cartman1337

Quote from: Saga Musix on June 17, 2024, 16:45:53If all those samples are going to be played in the same channel(s), you could consider assigning the plugin to the channel instead of the individual instruments. Alternatively, if the samples are all going to be played at the same pitch, you can map all samples to the same instrument. For example, if all samples are supposed to be played at C-5, put a C-5 somewhere in the first column of the sample map and then right-click and choose "map all notes to C-5". Then assign all the sample numbers to different notes within that instrument.

Thanks for coming to my rescue once again! I usually put things in separate channels, and keep only that one instrument/sample group, so applying it to a channel will do very well! Hadn't noticed that option before!

Not entirely sure I understand your other suggestion, but the per channel thing is perfect for this!

Saga Musix

Quote from: Cartman1337 on June 17, 2024, 19:39:08Not entirely sure I understand your other suggestion, but the per channel thing is perfect for this!
An instrument can control more than one sample. You can assign different samples to each note of the instrument's sample map on the right-hand side of the instrument editor. That way, all those samples share the same instrument properties, including plugin assignments.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.