[Acid] Simul8 (mptm/ogg/flac)

Started by Saga Musix, February 21, 2024, 19:59:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

My first stab at the infamous Live Acid Music Compo at TRSAC 2023, a competition where all entries are required to be some variation of acid house / acid techno / etc (anything with prominent use of a TB-303 essentially). and playback is mixed live by a DJ. This track has been lying around for years in an unfinished state, just begging to be finished for this compo. It's based on an old sketch with some low-quality 303 samples by eightbitbubsy, which I then recreated using plugins for better sound. The result is lots of 90s dance goodness (I hope)!

Download Simul8
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

n0cturn

This is probably my favourite track of yours (no ass kissing involved), and still sounds good loaded into openmpt without the vst's, which says something. (I did load it up hoping to learn something and steal the samples like I always do)

Saga Musix

Cheers, glad you liked it. And I hope this sort of response will motivate more people to publish their sources even if they use tons of plugins / external gear / etc. - someone will always find it useful. In fact, I have a release coming up soon that quite probably not a single person in this community would be able to play back (due to sending MIDI to seven different hardware synths), but I'm sure that there's still a lot to learn from the file anyway, so of course I will release the MPTM as always.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.