[Chip] Kinetic Energy (.it)

Started by LPChip, July 06, 2006, 10:55:30

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Aside from making music for my game, I participate in a compo here and there.

This song was made for the Big Chip Compo 7. I still think it is a very good song which is why I want to share it with you.

You can download the song here: http://files.lpchip.nl/lpchip/KineticEnergy.bcc7100k.zip

It was made for the 100k cathegory. This is the final version which is about 120k big, and has the full version of the filter sample. The compo entry was tuned to make the song 100k and therefor less that good to work with.

What you can expect?

Double Multitonal melodies in different variations.

Enjoy! :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

100 % , L. ! With indeed the right kind of intimate energy. to be kinetic. .. Excellent piece.

I like this idea with filesize criteria inside a contest, by the way.
This can stimulate people to stay efficient, despite lots of power and space. And it has a fair aspect, like the weight-categories in boxing.

apple-joe

Very enjoyable track, LPChip. I am gonna study what you did in the intro in order to learn a few things myself. Those sounds grabbed my attention immediately. I also liked the general melodic approach greatly. Got more?

LPChip

Great to hear! :D

I don't have more chips like this yet, but Crashed Tears came close to this kind of sound, except that it was lq, and this track is hq. :)

But I will make more chips like these. I enjoy this very much myself :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

apple-joe

Yes - this style is great for developing skills, and the tracks within it are often enjoyable. Perhaps I downloaded Crash Tears already, but I can't remember to have listened to it. Let me check.

apple-joe

Just had another look at it - the intro especially - and what produced the characteristic sound was that g09/g00 (tone portamento) effect in the volume column. That and the gradually increasing global volume. Nice nice.

LPChip

Quote from: "apple-joe"Just had another look at it - the intro especially - and what produced the characteristic sound was that g09/g00 (tone portamento) effect in the volume column. That and the gradually increasing global volume. Nice nice.

You've got that right! :)

apple-joe

LPChip, what's the probability for that you one day provide the .IT file of your Mimic Compo entry?

LPChip

Quote from: "apple-joe"LPChip, what's the probability for that you one day provide the .IT file of your Mimic Compo entry?

Eh small :P cus I use vst's and vsti's. So you'll need to have these aswell.

I haven't planned on releasing it.

apple-joe

OK, but it's still interesting. I assume I'd be able to find those VSTs, if I haven't got them already.

Also, if you absolutely deny providing the .IT version, could you tell me the chord progression? I could probably analyze it myself, and figure out, but it takes some work.

And finally, but still quite important; if I enjoyed this track, which I did - which other artists (...or concrete songs?) should I check out? Did you mention Subtle Powers as a Mike Oldfield style song? Well, ok, any others I could check out at the same time? I verily like the mood of that track.

LPChip

Quote from: "apple-joe"OK, but it's still interesting. I assume I'd be able to find those VSTs, if I haven't got them already.

Also, if you absolutely deny providing the .IT version, could you tell me the chord progression? I could probably analyze it myself, and figure out, but it takes some work.

And finally, but still quite important; if I enjoyed this track, which I did - which other artists (...or concrete songs?) should I check out? Did you mention Subtle Powers as a Mike Oldfield style song? Well, ok, any others I could check out at the same time? I verily like the mood of that track.

You might want to go for KraftWerk, Vangellis and Jean Michelle Jarre. These are the figures that inspired my music.

apple-joe

Jarre is enjoyable. Heard some KraftWerk, worth exploring further. Vangellis is new to me. Let me find out. Thanks.

Sam_Zen

Checkout "China" of Vangelis.

Louigi Verona

Really sweet track, LPChip.

LPChip

Quote from: "Louigi Verona"Really sweet track, LPChip.

Tnx :)