Incomplete measure highlighting?

Started by bacon, February 12, 2024, 18:03:08

Previous topic - Next topic

bacon

Hey all, I downloaded OpenMPT last week and have been trying my hand at making some music. I noticed while editing a song that the row highlighting always starts on the first beat, meaning, for instance, that when there are four rows per measure, rows 0 and 4 are highlighted. The song I'm trying to make, however, has an incomplete measure at the beginning, so the row highlights are off. I have the downbeat on rows 2, 6 and so on. While this isn't a massive problem, it would be more convenient if I could move the row highlights down by 2 rows. Is there a way to do this? Or should I just make a pattern that's 2 rows long for the incomplete measure?
Thanks in advance, ~bacon.
~bacon

Saga Musix

In general the recommended solution is the latter, i.e. you create a pattern for the incomplete measure so that all following patterns have the start of their measure on row 0. There is a hidden setting "RowDisplayOffset" which would shift the pattern row display (and also the row highlights) but this is globally, for all patterns and all songs, so I would not recommend using that as a workaround.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

bacon

Thanks for the quick response, μ6! Will probably make a new pattern then.
~bacon