export batch of xm how doing that?

Started by diigitae, August 29, 2023, 14:16:54

Previous topic - Next topic

diigitae

hello :D ,
i have a question:
 i'm making a compilation of my old work (i work with xm format) and i want to render with a tool(wich i don't know) a batch of more or less 260xm in wav.
Is there a solution you know(i'm on manjaro but i making music on win xp 32 bits)?

thanks by advance

ju

Saga Musix

As long as the files don't use any VST plugins, you could use the openmpt123 command line tool and write a batch script to apply it to a bunch of files.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

diigitae

does it have some manual somewhere with openmpt123

Saga Musix

You can run openmpt123 --help from the command line to get an overview of all supported options - that's all there is regarding documentation.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

diigitae

how do i select a folder i don't seen any command for that

diigitae

i succeed into playing the file withe the terminal but not to change the fortam from xm to wav

openmpt123  samplerate 44100 batch render  '/home/ju/Bureau/chanson/anarchy.xm.AutoSave.20190410.195957.xm' '/home/ju/Bureau/chanson/anarchy.xm.AutoSave.20190410.223917.xm' '/home/ju/Bureau/chanson/ask your self.xm' '/home/ju/Bureau/chanson/Dystopie.xm'

Saga Musix

Quotehow do i select a folder i don't seen any command for that

You can either create a playlist (M3U or PLS format), or use the respective shell mechanisms of your Linux distribution (I believe glob patters can expand into multiple files being passed to the same executable?) or Windows.

Here's a sample batch file for Windows:
for /R %%F in (*.xm) do (
"path\to\openmpt123.exe" --output-type flac <other options...> "%%F"
)

Other --output-type options are available, see --help for for the available formats.

diigitae

openmpt123 --render --samplerate 44100 '/home/ju/Bureau/chanson/anarchy.xm.AutoSave.20190410.195957.xm' '/home/ju/Bureau/chanson/anarchy.xm.AutoSave.20190410.223917.xm' '/home/ju/Bureau/chanson/ask your self.xm' '/home/ju/Bureau/chanson/Dystopie.xm'

this code works thanks