4 (30.8%)
VUplayer
0 (0%)
Other:
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: July 02, 2006, 00:23:49

Saga Musix

The last time I checked Winamp used DirectShow filters, which is exactly the kind of codecs that MPC also makes use of and K-Lite codec pack installs.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

ant

Quote from: Jojo on December 02, 2010, 22:19:04
The last time I checked Winamp used DirectShow filters, which is exactly the kind of codecs that MPC also makes use of and K-Lite codec pack installs.
Interesting. That explains why K-Lite Codec installer tells me to shut down Winamp during its installation!

Rakib

Only if you go pro. But nowadays 90-95% av all videos today are different variants of mpeg-4
^^

Saga Musix

Quote from: Rakib on December 02, 2010, 22:34:16
Only if you go pro. But nowadays 90-95% av all videos today are different variants of mpeg-4
So what does Winamp use for demuxing and decoding then? Directshow is a common and easy way to decode all kinds of codecs, including h.264 and the like.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Zenon

XMplay.

I love its soft style and the plugin support
Xrns2XMod converter
http://xrns2xmod.codeplex.com