[Trance] Tubular (IT)

Started by Hydlide, June 30, 2006, 21:29:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydlide

Took me forever to set the right climax. And I must admit, I am becomming rusty at tracking with modplug after not using it for over a year now.

Anyways I hope you like it

Link

AppO

I don't use to listen to Trance. But this track knocked me out. 64 channels. 255 rows. Energy. Construction. Well, well, done. Big amount of work, I suppose...Fine sound. My daughter (8) likes it a lot.

How do you manage to compose on such long rows ?

What is the role of the Midi Macro you put ? ( Z23, Z27, Z, etc.)

Thanks;

AppO

:D
The Humble Craftsman aka Viktor Ugo-Appas aka Jolimelodia

Hydlide

Thanx for the nice reply.

For the big construction, the 64 channels and 255 rows. I am used to compose it that way. I usually start with using the higher channels (48 till 64) for the drum track and will the rest with melody, bassline, submelodies etc.. so there is most of the time some structure in it.

The Z macro's for this song are changing the Cutoff filters. going from Z00 till Z7F for filtering in effect, Z80 till Z8F are for the QFilter (thats the default setting).

The function of Z macro's can be changed per song, which I also find a nice feature in the v1.16 of modplug.

tvdude

This is a really good tune.  Congratulations!  Does it play in any of the clubs in the Netherlands or anywhere else?  If not, it should!
tvdude
"If you look ten feet into a five foot well, you will see what you choose to see."

hellscion

heey this sounds kinda like unreal tournament techno. not bad dude...nice use of sounds
Sometimes in order to see the light you have to risk the dark.

apple-joe

Stunning. Must have spent some time inputting all the data. It really is fantastic. But at one point, one may ask; does the sound reflect all the data inserted? It's a hell of a collection of notes. I'm just raising the question. However, I' quite sure I'll listen to this several times in near future.