Note missing playing chord with computer keyboard

Started by FWL, March 22, 2023, 20:49:49

Previous topic - Next topic

FWL

Hello,

When I play a major C chord with my wireless computer keyboard (Q, T, I), the G doesn't sound (I key). When I play a C minor (Q, R, I) The G does sound. Also some chord with [ and ]-key don't work. Switching an octave down by pressing the / - key,  I can play the minor chord with keys A, G, K. It also doesn't record the chord when using channel record select and selecting the first three colums. It only happens on my wireless Logitech keyboard. When I play the "original" keyboard of my laptop it all works ok. It's weird, I can't figure out what's causing it.

Schmitty2005

It is likely a limitation of the hardware.  My laptop does not allow certain combinations of keys past 2 keys.....but sometimes I can press 3 or 4 if they are not in the same row / column.

FWL

I first thought that maybe I had defined conflicting shortcuts, but that wasn't the case. So I think your right that it is indeed hardware related.

FWL

Yeah that's the problem, key rollover. Guess I have to look for an n-key rollover keyboard  :)

Thanks!

LPChip

Or you could invest in a cheap midi keyboard and play notes using that. Entering notes manually is not a problem anyway.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

FWL

Yes that's also an option and I allready have a midi keyboard but that's connected to the hardware/dawless side of my 'studio'. And I like the idea of this selfcontained musicmaking environment and that all you need to bring with you is a laptop with openmpt and a good memory filled with keyboard shortcuts  :)

Saga Musix

If you want a self-contained environment, the Creative Prodkeys would have been your thing ;D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEnQPQvbuog
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

FWL

;D Yes that's my dreammachine right there! Impeccable timing of this guy, I could almost see that invisible snare and crash cymbal  ;)