All "OpenMPT only" music works by System ST91 [YouTube & Soundcloud]

Started by System ST91, March 17, 2023, 09:04:55

Previous topic - Next topic

System ST91

Hi,
    I planned for a long time before I got the courage to check in here with you other musicians. ^-^

I've been using OpenMPT since 2013 (as my first music tracker ever) and only started making commercial music on it in 2018 - until now.

I absolutely love this amazing Music tracker program and it has changed my life so much.
    I would like to share with you all my work, which was created entirely in OpenMPT.

My Youtube Channel
    My Soundcloud

My setup is always the same:
    • Format:   Impulse Tracker -- (I only use the format as a project file)
    • Channels:   64
      • Patterns:   256
      • Samples:   as much as possible (16-bit / 24-bit stereo)
      • Effects / VST:   "Directx MAE" only

Music Genres:

I mainly create 90s music, but I also combine it with modern elements:
      • Jungle
      • Drum and Bass
      • Breakcore
      • Hardcore Breakbeat / Oldschool Breakbeat
      • 2 - step / Garage
      • Techno
      ------------------------------------
      • Vaporwave
      • Vaportrap
      • Vaporstep
      • Juke/Footwork
      • Odd Time music
      • Broken Vapor (my own subgenre) ::)
      ------------------------------------
      • VGM (similar to 90s Namco, SEGA, PlayStation 1 scene)

Because I'm not such a "true hardcore" tracker composer, so my tracks don't have such a small capacity that they could even fit on a floppy disk (as an example), ::) 
      that's why I don't publish the original .IT format and mainly due to the dependence on "Directx MAE" I render everything in WAVs and publish out as an audio stream.

OpenMPT is still not fully explored for me, so I haven't even used most of the built-in effects, but thanks to researching other works, I understood the structures and the way of composing music here pretty quickly.

I thank the creators and developers/community for this unique music tracker program. ^-^

Saga Musix

Welcome to the forums. Please see the requested post format in the sticky topic at the top of the forum: https://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?topic=144.0

In particular, since the intention of this forum isn't to be a link dump but to gather feedback from listeners, we would like artists to post links to individual songs (or complete albums), not random song collections. A link dump like this makes it difficult to provide feedback for specific songs.

Quotelarger value causes some errors - I don't know why
    Can you please elaborate? Are you running into a specific bug?
    » No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

System ST91

Hi,
    I apologize for the form of my text.

Regarding the issue... Sometimes (earlier) it happened to me that when the total track had 65 or 66 channels
    (I didn't even put more), it muted some samples in a certain channel.

However, I solved the situation by starting each project with a maximum of 64 channels. Then the problem did not arise.

Maybe older versions did... I'm currently on the current version.
    I should try working with more extra channels and see if it still happens.

I apologize again.  :(

Saga Musix

Quote from: System ST91 on March 17, 2023, 16:30:06Regarding the issue... Sometimes (earlier) it happened to me that when the total track had 65 or 66 channels
    (I didn't even put more), it muted some samples in a certain channel.
    Was that in OpenMPT itself or in some external player? Support for more than 64 channels is an OpenMPT extension to the IT format, so it may not work in all other software and thus some notes may note be heard. However, if you played the file in OpenMPT itself and it didn't work properly, that's a bug and it must be fixed. Don't restrict yourself just because you found a bug. If you can somehow reproduce it, please let us know how you managed, so that we can look into it.
    » No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

System ST91

Thank you for your reply
    I apologize again for my textual form. Yes, I am using an external player (XMPlay) and that will be the problem. Thank you very much for clearing this up. I didn't want to deal with some existing or non-existent "bug" in this post, I know there are other sections for that. 

I really just wanted to share some of my work that I've been creating for several years in OpenMPT.

Obviously I'm not a "forum" type and I don't really use them personally, so I just wanted to say thank you for your amazing work and maintaining this outstanding program, and don't be offended by my unprofessionalism in the text.

I'll try to post one track only in the future and I'll be careful now.  O:-)