Trouble running .dmf files

Started by crazygamer, December 21, 2022, 23:25:36

Previous topic - Next topic

crazygamer

When I try to open a .dmf file in OpenMPT I get a message saying:

Is there a plugin I need to run a .dmf file or what else is wrong?
I run the latest normal version of OpenMPT on Windows 11.

Saga Musix

File extensions are not uniquely assigned to single file formats. Are you sure the DMF file in question is an X-Tracker module and not e.g. a Deflemask module? OpenMPT only supports the former and no, there are no plugins that could add functionality for other formats.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

crazygamer

The software used to make it was DefleMask. I was unaware of the same extension being used for different file types. What free software could run a .dmf DefleMask file?

Saga Musix

I thought DefleMask is free? There's also Furnace which should be compatible with DefleMask files.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

ASIKWUSpulse

Since version 1.x.x, Deflemask is no longer free (the last free version (0.12.1) has been archived by the authors here)

Furnace can import the legacy versions' module afaik.
My favourite chord transition: Fmaj9 -> Gadd9 :D (I also like it's ±1 semitone variants)