Is there a way to get MIDI pitch wheel to change the pitch?

Started by chr15m, November 28, 2022, 05:54:49

Previous topic - Next topic

chr15m

Question in the title. It would be great if I could noodle on the pitch wheel and have the playing sample affected by that. At the moment I have to use a soundfont sampler VST to get pitch wheel to affect the pitch of instruments. If I use a VST to generate pitch wheel events they are correctly record them to the column as pitch effects, but they don't affect the sound until the second time through the loop.

Saga Musix

Since at the time of recording the row has already been played, it isn't really possible to do this at the moment. I'll see what can be done to improve this, but it will probably not be quite perfect due to the simple fact that already recorded pattern data will "fight" against the newly-added live data.

Edit: Misunderstood question at first
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

chr15m

Thanks for looking into it, much appreciated. I think it's fine if there is recorded pattern data that fights against the new data, I guess that's the same for any parameter record like cutoff etc.

chr15m

Should I make a feature request on the issue tracker?

Saga Musix

Yes, please do. It isn't quite easy to implement this (same as with the other parameter recording options) so I have no idea how long it would take until we can have this feature.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

chr15m

chr15m

Wow, I did not expect an implementation so fast, thank you so much Saga Musix! :D