Author Topic: Does this website address and name give you the willies like it does me?  (Read 440 times)

Offline Newbie

• Shy artist
  • Operating System: Windows 10
I noticed a link in the Link section of openmpt.org called http://helllabs.org/tracker-history/

Who made this website and why ever did they call it that? Wouldn't musiclabs.org have been better and not so abhorrent and alienating to some folks, such as myself. If they are going to call it helllabs.org they may as well call it stayawaylabs.org

Am I the only one who feels this way? Does this name give anyone else the willies? I like music, but not hell.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 18:14:28 by Newbie »

Offline Christofori

• Workaholic artist
  • christofori -aKa- Christopher G Molyneux
    • christofori's official web site
  • Operating System: Windows 11 x64
In my own experience, Hell was with me as long as I carried it.  Once I left it behind me, I lost my fear of it.
/christofori
'slightly disturbed and wonderfully content'
*Master of the Obvious*

Offline Newbie

• Shy artist
  • Operating System: Windows 10
I'm not afraid of hell, I just don't think that a web address called helllabs.org is very appropriate, definitely it is not an inviting name.

Offline Rakib

• Crazy artist
  • Operating System: win7x64
You are putting to much weight on the name.
^^

Offline Christofori

• Workaholic artist
  • christofori -aKa- Christopher G Molyneux
    • christofori's official web site
  • Operating System: Windows 11 x64
;) Indeed.  <3 <3 <3

Thanks, bro Rakib!  ;)
*bows head*
/christofori
'slightly disturbed and wonderfully content'
*Master of the Obvious*

Offline Exhale

• Workaholic artist
    • http://www.exhale7.110mb.com
meh, hell is - as far as any evidence seems to point - very likely entirely fictional, an idea used as a whip to enslave the gullible to the will of the elites (not killing the greedy money hoarding bastards). I left religion a long time ago, and am long beyond that limp dick threat the religious love to throw around.
So no, I dont get the 'willies' any more than I would if someone named their webpage azkaban or mordor or any of the other fictional bad places. Idgaf other than that the name is slightly cool and a bit cliche, like the word equivalent of pictures of skulls or ghosts that look like people in sheets. Like ghost stories from my childhood I just shrug and get on with things.
Words are just words in the end of the day. I have plenty of actual real life threats to worry about if I was the worrying kind such as the real risks of crossing the street or random illness killing me tomorrow, I couldnt be less threatened by something that doesnt even have any verifiable / repeatedly testable evidence.