Does this website address and name give you the willies like it does me?

Started by newbie, September 04, 2022, 18:07:46

Previous topic - Next topic

I noticed a link in the Link section of openmpt.org called http://helllabs.org/tracker-history/

Who made this website and why ever did they call it that? Wouldn't musiclabs.org have been better and not so abhorrent and alienating to some folks, such as myself. If they are going to call it helllabs.org they may as well call it stayawaylabs.org

Am I the only one who feels this way? Does this name give anyone else the willies? I like music, but not hell.

Christofori

In my own experience, Hell was with me as long as I carried it.  Once I left it behind me, I lost my fear of it.
/christofori
'slightly disturbed and wonderfully content'
*Master of the Obvious*

I'm not afraid of hell, I just don't think that a web address called helllabs.org is very appropriate, definitely it is not an inviting name.

Rakib

^^

Christofori

/christofori
*Master of the Obvious*

Exhale

Exhaile, You should read this article called "'I Almost Died': Inside Ex-Atheist Lee Strobel's Journey to Find Proof of Heaven, Hell and Near-Death Experiences" https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/cwn/2021/november/i-almost-died-inside-ex-atheist-lee-strobels-journey-to-find-proof-of-heaven-hell-and-near-death-experiences, the full interview is here on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSTcffdP-VA

Christofori

To each his own.

The point of evangelizing, I have learned, is DO-ing.  It's not my place to tell anyone else what to believe.

If you believe in hell -- so be it!
If he does not -- so be it!

... this way we all continue to get along.  ;)
My best wishes to you all.
-c
/christofori
*Master of the Obvious*

Christofori, I cannot be silent about what I know is real, I once was feeling plagued with doubt and I was standing at the foot of my bed, I asked God to forgive me for my doubt and unbelief and to help me in my doubt and unbelief, when I was finished praying and looked up I saw His nail pierced hands and arms with white robe sleeves appear beside my bed, his arms were extended with His palms facing up to show me the nail holes in His hands, I could not see His body, it was like He put His arms and hands through the vail between Heaven and Earth to show me His Hands, I feel down on me knees in holy fear and planted my face into the end of my bed and I trusted in Him like I had never trusted before. I seem to remember His hands being in B&W (Black and White). It was real man, this was The Lord Jesus The Messiah, He showed me his nail pierced hands! Say what you want, but we will all die one day, where will you be going when you die?

Exhale

How terribly sad for you, that you feel that way Exhale. God offers you mercy and forgiveness, He came into this vile sinful fallen world by miracle conception by the Holy Spirit in the womb of the virgin Miryam (Mary) and humbled Himself and allowed himself to be flogged by Roman soldiers with a whip that tore stripes into His back until he was bloody and then allowed the Romans to put push a crown of thorns onto His head ripping into His scalp and then allowed Himself to be nailed on a Roman cross and have His side pierced with a spear and died and rose from the dead all so that you and me would not have to suffer in the Lake of Fire forever, how does that make Him so terrible, as you say He is? Also, I did give you proof, I gave you my testimony that He showed me His nail pierced hands in my bedroom. By the way I did not grow up religious, I was exposed to religion from time to time but I was not raised in Sunday School, my Sunday mornings as a child consisted of watching WWF Wrestling on TV and playing with my action figures. As a teenager I listened to Iron Maiden, Metallica, Alice Cooper, House of Pain, LL Cool Jay, Shaba Ranks, etc... I have met a few people who grew up in the church and they were usually spoiled brats, not in every case, though, I knew two people who were very nice, but I have also known people who were brats.

Exhale

I deleted my posts because you took my attempts to comfort you as an opportunity to preach and condescend. Do not involve me in your religious crusade. I was trying to be kind in pointing out you dont have evidence enough to be so paranoid about a very basic word, but I am no longer interested.

Christofori

Newbie, I believe you.  I, too, have had similar experiences to yours.

I encourage you, with my most humble and sincere spirit, to consider your audience before sharing your testimony.  Your story isn't for everyone.

Neither is mine.
That is why I only share a little at a time.

This was not always the case for me.  I have learned a lot of lessons in patience and WAITING ON GOD.  ;) <3 <3 <3

I thank you for your time.
-c
/christofori
*Master of the Obvious*

Exhale I was not trying to be condescending, I was simply trying to show you how wrong you are about God, the God of the Bible. I am not on a crusade, I don't even like that word "crusade", the crusaders were evil, they butchered and murdered many Jewish people on their way to the Holy Land, the Land of Isra'el and when they got there they butchered and murdered many more Jews and Arabs.

Christofori, I cannot keep this inside, and we are not supposed to keep silent, if I were to remain silent I would be denying the Lord, remember what He said,

Matthew 10:33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. [KJV]