OpenMPT suddenly stops working on Wine

Started by Edward256, August 14, 2022, 19:49:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Edward256

Hello.
Well, maybe not suddenly per say. The last thing I remember doing with wine was trying to get dotnet4.....5? 6? to install. One workaround I read seemed to be successful. However, now the splash screen appears, followed by an error box, then crashes. The message reads:

Unhandled exception 0x80000100 at address 0x000000007bc5b76c occurred.

Debug information has been saved to
C:\users\edward\Temp\OpenMPT Crash Files\2022-08-14 21.35.16\

OpenMPT 1.30.05.00 UNICODE amd64 (https://source.openmpt.org/svn/openmpt/branches/OpenMPT-1.30@17503 (clean))

Session error count: 1

I felt as if dotnet did something so I've messed with that to the point of removing all of dotnet but the exception addresses were all the same. What could be the problem?

/Edward

Saga Musix

Unfortunately the crash is somewhere in Wine's ntdll.dll, not in OpenMPT, so I'm afraid you're on your own. OpenMPT does not make use of .net at all, though, so that should be completely unrelated. Wine usually offers this installation after upgrading to a new version, so it's probably something different that causes the crash.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.