New plug-in type released

Started by Rakib, June 15, 2022, 16:41:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakib

^^

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Schmitty2005

If CLAP takes off, how difficult  would it be to implement into OpenMPT? 

Saga Musix

Let's put it like that: Given the available choices (VST3, LV2, CLAP), my priority of implementation would be CLAP, followed by LV2, and VST3 last. Any additional plugin stanard is a lot of work to implement but it's certainly doable.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

manx

Quote from: Saga Musix on June 25, 2022, 09:08:16
Let's put it like that: Given the available choices (VST3, LV2, CLAP), my priority of implementation would be CLAP, followed by LV2, and VST3 last. Any additional plugin stanard is a lot of work to implement but it's certainly doable.

My priority would be:

• proper plugin type abstraction interface
  • re-implementiong pluginbridge at that level
  • everything else

While this introduces additional implementation overhead upfront, it would significantly reduce future implementation overhead for additional plugin types.

Rakib

Looks like there are some hosts that supports CLAP already.
https://cleveraudio.org/hosts-and-plug-ins/
^^

.^o

alex (also from bitwig) is a friend of mine. don't hesitate to contact him. he's a very kind person.