There is a way to use the KORG M1 vst with open mpt?

Started by G_ato, May 29, 2022, 17:02:22

Previous topic - Next topic

G_ato

i know how to load regular vst's in .dll format, but im struggling to use korg vst's on mpt, any help?

Saga Musix

I've been using it for many years so the answer is "yes". Which part exactly are you struggling with, and is it just generally not knowing how to use plugins or is there a problem with this specific plugin for you?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

G_ato

yes, i don't really know how to use plugins  ;D

i've tried changing some things on the sound driver but i havent got any results

G_ato

i tried with the midi input thing, but idk how that works, any help?

Saga Musix

You need to add the M1 plugin DLL to the list of known plugins in the Plugin Manager. After that you can add as many instances of the plugin to your module as you like.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

G_ato

Thank you for the help! already found the .dll file, i thought i had to use the exe file  :P

Saga Musix

Many instruments come in two flavours - plugin (DLL) and standalone (EXE). The latter is only useful if you want to use the synthesizer on its own outside of OpenMPT or other plugin hosts.