why does serge XT not work?

Started by Exhale, February 16, 2022, 19:23:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Exhale

I am wondering if there is a specific reason why serge xt doesnt work on ompt... I have encountered many vst3s that dont work at all, but this one bites pretty deep since it seems to be a very popular one and by the look of it, for very good reasons... I would love to mess with it in modplug, but it keeps saying it's not a valid plugin.
Is there a specific reason for this?
I just would like to know to set my mind at ease, but if it is a case of an easy fix then I could make a thing in the issue tracker about it if you guys think it would be appropriate, but I would rather find out if it is something big here...

best regards and I hope you are all very well lately.

Saga Musix

VST3 plugins can only be loaded if they contain an optional VST2 compatibility layer. Many, especially more recent ones, don't contain this compatibility layer, so they won't load in OpenMPT.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Exhale

Quote from: Saga Musix on February 16, 2022, 19:54:26
VST3 plugins can only be loaded if they contain an optional VST2 compatibility layer. Many, especially more recent ones, don't contain this compatibility layer, so they won't load in OpenMPT.
Maybe one day we will be able to do vst3, but right now it is only if they have the optional vst2 compatibility layer, that is informative, thank you.