How to keep samples from transposing

Started by Devsman, January 24, 2022, 02:34:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Devsman

I want to make an instrument out of an assortment of samples. Naturally, assigning a different sample to each note is the intuitive way to do this, but this transposes the samples.

This is probably something really obvious that I'm missing, but is there some sort of "don't transpose" checkbox or something that I can use to keep the sound from automatically transposing just because only one sample can be middle C?

Saga Musix

The second column in the sample map tells you at which note the sample will be playing when triggering the note in the index (first) column. So "D-5 D-5 2" means "when D-5 is hit, play sample 2 at D-2". Changing the second column to C-5 for all notes makes them all play at C-5 instead. To speed this up, you can enter a C-5 somewhere in that column and then right-click and choose "map all notes to C-5".
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Devsman

Ok thank you very much. However, I've been trying forever and I just cannot figure out how to change the second column haha.

Saga Musix

If you're working in the XM format, it's not editable, but in IT / MPTM you can enter a note there just like you would in the pattern editor.
For the XM format, you will have to manually compensate by transposing the individual samples up and down.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Devsman